The need for a good 3D printing software is increasing with passing days. From construction to manufacturing to technology, the industry needs the best 3D printing software for use. 3D printing makes sure to make a life-like model and enhances design efficiency. In recent years, 3D printing Softwares have bombarded the market with the features they are providing. Here I have listed some best 3D printing software that is top-notch and is on high demand nowadays.
Best 3D Printing Software
Here is some best 3D printing software for you.
1. AutoDesk Fusion 360:
Fusion 360 is one of the most powerful software tools available in the market. It is one of the preferred choices for mechanical engineers, designers, and machinists. The best part is that it seamlessly combines the power of design, engineering, and manufacturing into one platform. This 3D printing software smoothes the product development process to ensure smoother and faster delivery of high-quality products. Get started with Autodesk Fusion 360 from here.
- It controls full control over shape design.
- You can easily collaborate with other designers in real-time.
The software costs $60 month if you want your monthly subscription. If you want a yearly subscription you will get that with $497 that sums up to $42 monthly.
2. Autodesk AutoCAD:
Created by Autodesk, AutoCAD is another one of the best 3D printing tool that you can use. This software is more suitable for professional use. Overall it is a very versatile software that offers a lot of capabilities to create 3D models. This 3D software allows the user to attach and import data from PDFs. As an added bonus, when you buy the subscription of this subscription. you get tools for both Mac and Windows plus industry-specific tools like AutoCAD plant 3D, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Map, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Electrical, and more.
- This 3D printing software is mainly designed for those who are extensively experienced in programming models algorithmically.
- It also offers web and smartphone applications.
- The software comes with preloaded information and plugins about building product designs including doors and windows.
- Easy modify and create robust mechanical drawings for 3D printing.
Its paid version is available for $1449/year. AutoCAD also offers a free and fully functional version that can be used by educational faculty and students.
3. Ultimaker Cura:
Another 3D printing software is Ultimaker Cura is an open-source software tool that offers seamless integration with the 3D printer. It provides relevant recommendations to new users with its recommended mode, making it an excellent proposition for new users. Other than this, its customization mode also offers highly customizable features to meet different requirements and for in-depth control.
- This 3D printing software is best for beginners who don’t spend money on paid Softwares.
- Easily add printers and custom material to an exhaustive library.
- New users can use this software with a quick learning curve.
It is an open-source free 3D printing software.
TinkerCAD is a web-based 3D modeling and designing tool. The software comes with a straightforward and easy to use interface that simplifies the process of 3D printing. At the same time, it provides you with the capability to design complex models by leveraging shape grouping and shapes.
- This 3D printing software is best for creating simple as well as complex 3D models. Therefore this tool comes handy whether you are an experienced designer or a beginner.
- You can start printing with just a single click.
- It offers cloud storage to save 3D models and designs.
- It offers a detailed tutorial to learn all the tools and functionalities.
- Users can easily import 2D and 3D models for printing.
It a free 3D software that you can use via your web browser or using the application.
MeshLab is an open-source 3D designing tool that is most suitable for designing and processing 3D meshes. You can easily slice and prepare the design ready for 3D printing.
- Does 3D color mapping and texturing.
- Best for 3D printing, offsetting, allowing, and closing.
- The 3D reconstruction of this 3D printing software is stunning that creates stunning designs.
As this is an open-source you will get to use this software for free.
These 3D printing Softwares are capable of meeting your needs. However, there is no best. Choices depend on your work purpose, the experience you have. There are few crucial things that you need in mind while purchasing a tool, that is your budget, features the tool is offering and most importantly learning curve.