Python is fast becoming the world’s most popular coding language. On the Pypl (Popularity of Programming Language) index, Python is at the top having increased in popularity by almost 29% since 2018. On the Tiobe index of programming language popularity, Python reached its highest ever rating of 8.53 percent in June 2019 but still behind Java and C. At the current rate, it is expected that Python will surpass its rivals Java and C in the next three to four years time. Python is the language of data scientists, web developers and AI experts. Having a good grasp on Python is key to succeeding in the fields related to data science and automation. Many experienced professionals are also learning Python to switch to career path of machine learning and data science. In this article we will talk about Best Python Certification Courses.
Below is our carefully curated list of 10 Best Python Certifications, Classes, Tutorials, Courses and training programs for 2020. These resources include free and paid courses that are suitable for beginner, intermediate and expert level learners and have benefited thousands of them.
1. Best Python Certification Courses Python for Everybody Specialization from University of Michigan (Coursera)
This specialization has been rated as the best Python certification available online with over 228,500 enrolments on Coursera. It teaches how to program and analyse data with Python. It also aims to provide learners with foundational programming concepts like data structures, networked application program interfaces, and databases, using the Python programming language. This program is taught by Dr. Charles Severance, who is a Clinical Professor at the University of Michigan School of Information.
This is a beginner level Python training program, hence there are no pre-requisites, anybody with basic or no programming skills can take it up. In fact the first 2 courses are focussed at learners with no programming experience at all. Overall this Python specialization is structured as five courses with the last being a Capstone project where students will build their own project to retrieve, process and visualize some data that they have or can find, using the technologies learned in the program.
- Build your own applications for data retrieval, processing and visualization using Python
- Explain the basics of programming computers using Python
- Describe the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and database design for storing data
- Understand fundamental programming concepts such as data structures
- Use the Python built-in data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples to perform increasingly complex data analysis
2. Best Python Certification Courses Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3 (Udemy)
This is the most popular Udemy Python course and has more than 626,800 students enrolled. The huge demand for this course is an indicator of the quality content of the course. It teaches Python in a very professional manner starting with the basics and progressing to finally create your own applications and games. It focuses on Python 3, though older python 2 notes are also provided. With over 100 lectures and 24 hours of on-demand video, this is a very comprehensive yet straight-forward course to learn Python online. It includes several quizzes, tests and programming assignments and projects to test & apply the learning in the best way.
This course is taught by Jose Portilla in a very practical manner, first he gets you started with installation of Python on your computer, then he shows you live coding with every lecture and you get access to corresponding code notebook. No prior programming skills are needed to take this course, it builds complete understanding of Python from ground up.
- Learn advanced Python features, like the collections module and how to work with timestamps
- Understand complex topics, like decorators
- Get an understanding of how to create GUIs in the Jupyter Notebook system
- Learn to use Object Oriented Programming with classes
- Understand how to use both the Jupyter Notebook and create .py files
- Includes 3 major projects to create a Python project portfolio
- Create games with Python, like Tic Tac Toe and Blackjack
3. Best Python Certification Courses Applied Data Science with Python Specialization from University of Michigan (Coursera)
This Python Certification is a series of five courses, each covering in detail some aspect of using Python for Data Science applications. The first 3 core courses delve into data wrangling, modelling, visualization, machine learning methods & techniques and the other 2 courses teach text mining and social network analysis. The focus of all these courses is not that much on theory as actual practice with Python, the default language of data science.
This is an intermediate level specialization, so a basic knowledge of Python programming is needed. Some elementary knowledge of statistics and mathematics is also assumed. Each of the five courses in the program teaches one or more free Python libraries, as outlined below:
1. NumPy, SciPy, and Pandas are covered in Introduction to Data Science course
2. Matplotlib and Seaborn are taught in course on Applied Plotting, Charting, & Data Representation in Python
3. Scikit-Learn in course on Applied Machine Learning in Python
4. NLTK and Gensim in course on Applied Text Mining in Python
5. NetworkX in course on Applied Social Network Analysis in Python
4. Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp (Udemy)
This Python course on Udemy has a rating of 4.6 with almost 227,000 students enrolled. It is aimed at learning Python to analyze data, create visualizations, and build powerful machine learning algorithms.
This Python class caters to both beginners with some programming experience and experienced professionals looking to move to data science related fields. It is a very comprehensive course with all the content presented clearly and professionally. The course is broken down into short sections that cover everything from data analysis to visualizations to machine learning techniques and algorithms. With more than 150 videos (which makes it around 22.5 hours of content), the instructor Jose Portilla takes learners through a range of topics from Python basics to NLP to deep learning. You also learn Python libraries NumPy, Pandas, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Plotly, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow and more. The exercises and assignments serve well to learn in an active way. The course uses Jupyter Notebook to share all the code.
- Learn to use Python libraries – Pandas for Data Analysis, NumPy for Numerical Data, Matplotlib for Python Plotting, Seaborn for statistical plots, Plotly for interactive dynamic visualizations, SciKit-Learn for Machine Learning Tasks
- Use Spark for Big Data Analysis
- Implement Machine Learning Algorithms
- Understand Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, K-Means Clustering
- Learn Random Forest and Decision Trees
- Learn Natural Language Processing and Spam Filters
- Learn Neural Networks and Support Vector Machines
- Access to great community of learners who help each other
5. Best Python Certification Courses Python Programming Masterclass (Udemy)
The Complete Python Masterclass course is aimed at providing core, solid understanding of the Python programming language. This course has been designed by the most famous and loved Python teacher Tim Buchalka with Jean-Paul Roberts. Between them, they have over 70 years of professional programming experience having worked with IBM, Mitsubishi, Fujitsu and Saab in the past. So they meticulously teach you industry best practices and tech that real employers look for. They have taught over 400,000 students with unique style of making complex things easy in a fun way. That’s why we recommend this Python course, especially to first time Python learners.
This is a very immersive Python training course with 42 hours of video content that teaches everything from the tools you need for programming in Python through to writing your own programs in Python. Challenges and assignments are included to test the skills learnt and further your understanding of Python. The course is kept updated and questions about the course content are answered promptly by the instructors.
6. Best Python Certification Courses Professional Certificate in Introduction to Computing in Python by Georgia Tech (edX)
Introduction to Computing in Python is a series of courses from Georgia Tech’s online for-credit version of CS1301: Introduction to Computing. The course series is aimed at taking learners from no background in computer science to mastery in the basics of computing and programming, through Python programming language. The material and assessments in the course are same as on-campus class.
The certification content is structured into 3 domains – first is fundamental computing principles that are taught in a programming language-neutral way; second covers programming concepts in python that implement those computing principles; and third delves into domain applications that use those concepts and principles in real world applications.
These were some of the best python certification courses that you can opt for. These courses will help you to land your dream job.