How do you connect your laptop or desktop to Fire TV? If you have Amazon Firestick, you can easily mirror your laptop/desktop to your TV screen. There is no need to use any other cable or hardware except FieTV to cast your PC Screen to TV. You can cast slideshow of stored images on your computer to your big TV screen. It a matter a few steps to mirror your PC screen to FireTV stick. Casting to firestick is easier than it seems.
Also read: Mi band 5 is going to release in China soon.
How To Cast PC To Firestick?
You want to watch the latest photos that you have clicked on the big screen with your family and friends. On the laptop, navigate to the folder where the photos you have saved. Before casting to firestick make sure you have done these:
- Amazon firestick is plugged on your TV.
- You have logged into your device with your Amazon credentials.
- Your computer and Firestick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote.
- Here, you will see a list of menu options on your TV screen as shown below
- Use the Right arrow button on your Firestick remote to select the option Mirroring
- Look for the Notifications icon on your computer running Windows 10. (Located at the bottom of your screen, near the date and time display) and click the same.
- Click the Connect icon. Now, you should be able to see your Firestick displayed as MT’s Firestick, where MT is the name on your Amazon Prime account.
- Click on that icon to connect your computer to the Firestick.
- Once the devices are connected successfully, then you will see the text Connected.
That’s it. Now, you will be able to play the slideshow of your vacation photos on the big screen.
By default, Windows PC will cast a mirror screen to Amazon fire TV. However, you can use the other modes like Extend Screen on Fire TV. Let’s see more details in Projection mode.
How You Can Change Projection Mode For Amazon Stick?
While casting PC to Firestick, you will be able to see the content on both your computer and TV screen (default). If you would like to view the content only on TV, then you can change the Projection mode to the Second screen Only. To configure the projection mode, click Notifications icon and then tap on Change Projection mode setting. There are three modes available in Projection Mode Setting on PC for Amazon Firestick:
- PC Only- No projection supports in this mode
- Extended- The TV Screen works as a secondary monitor with Amazon firestick
- Duplicate- The TV Screen will mirror the same PC screen with Firestick
You can decide which mode you want. The Screen Extend mode is good when you want to work with a secondary monitor.
How To Adjust Casting Resolution?
For casting to Firestick, it is recommended to use the resolution of 1280 X 720. In case if the resolution in your TV is not looking good, you can adjust it from your PC. On your Windows desktop, right-click on any blank area and click Graphics Properties from the list of options. Then set the desired value for resolution.
How To Stop Casting To Firestick?
To stop casting to Firestick you have to follow these steps.
- Press any of the buttons on your Amazon Firestick remote to exit the mirror casting.
- On your computer, tap Notifications.
- Tap Disconnect to stop casting your PC to the Amazon Firestick.