Looking for the guide that how to change the IMEI number of any android device? Yes! You have landed on the right article. Today, we are going to share an awesome guide about how to change IMEI number of your Android device. Even, you don’t need to root your Android device.
For most of the people, they believe that first they have to root, and then they can change the IMEI number but today, we have featured an awesome guide to chance IMEI number without rooting your android device.
IMEI number is basically a unique identification number of any android device. Even, every phone that comes with a sim slot has their own IMEI number. Even the Nokia 1100, Samsung Galaxy S10 and iPhone Xs Max all of them have their own unique IMEI numbers. So, before proceeding further let’s first out that what is IMEI number.
What is IMEI number?
Basic concepts always need to clear and transparent before forwarding to advanced. IMEI number is also known as International Mobile Station Equipment Identity. This can be found in the form of a serial number that typically comes in 15 digits. This IMEI number is used to tracking the location of any device. You can also locate your lost smartphone. Earlier, changing IMEI number of any android is not possible without root. But, right now, we have featured the best method to change IMEI number of your Android device without root.
How to Know the IMEI Number of Your Android Device?
Don’t remember your Android device’s IMEI number or just want to have a look on the IMEI number of your Android device. There are mainly two easier ways to know the IMEI number of an Android device. There is a code that can be used through Dialer or Phone app of your Android device. Therefore, dial *#06# in your device’s dialer or phone app. Voila! Now you will see the IMEI number of your Android device. The second way is to look at the box of your Android device. You to find IMEI number also written on that.
How to Change IMEI Number of Your Android Device Without Root?
1. First of all, open the Dialer or Phone app in your phone.
2. Now dial any one of the below codes that works for you:
3. Now, your device will open the Engineer Mode automatically.
4. Head over to the Connectivity tab.
5. Here, you will find a number of options. Just click on CDS Information.
6. Again, a number of options will appear on the screen. Just look for Radio Information.
7. Now, click on Radio Information.
8. In case, if you have a dual sim card supporting Android device then it will find two options.
9. Here, you will be able to see IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2].
10. Now, click on anyone that you wish to change.
11. Now, you can change the IMEI number by AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2.
12. Once, you have successfully replaced the IMEI number then click on Send button.
13. That’s it. You have successfully changed the IMEI Number of your Android device without root.
Also Check:- 10 Best Emoji Apps For Android And iOS
How to Change Device ID of Your Android Device with Root?
If you have already rooted your Android device or already using a rooted Android device then you can even change the whole ID of your Android device. You will need to root your android device (Of Course!). Rooting an Android device unlocks numerous options that can be accessed on a non-rooted Android device. Therefore, being a rooted Android device’s owner, we get a lot of things to do.
Hopefully, there are some best Android apps are available that let you change the whole ID of your Android device and one of them is Device ID Changer. This app requires rooted Android device. This app can not access on a non-rooted Android device.
Here, you can download Device ID Changer app. This app only works on rooted Android device. Make sure to have good working internet connection before downloading the Device ID Changer app.
Also Read:- Best Flashcard Learning Apps for Android
Enable Unknown Sources
To install Device ID Changer apk on your android device, you will need to Enable Unknown Sources option in your device’s Settings. Why we are saying this because Device ID Changer apk is a third party apk and you are try to install it from third party medium.
To enable Unknown Sources option, Open Settings on your device. In settings, scroll down and click on Security option. Here, you will see a toggle of Unknown Sources. This toggle is saying like Allow installation from unknown sources. Simply enable it.
#Warning: The below guide will reset your whole device completely. It will erase all downloaded and installed apps and games, contacts, messages, call log. Therefore, we recommend rooted Android device users to take a full android backup of your device.
Steps to Change ID of Your Android Device using Device ID Changer app
1. First of all, root your Android device. If already rooted your Android device then you can proceed further.
2. Now, download the required Device ID Changer app from Download Section.
3. Make, sure you have enabled the Unknown Sources option using above guide.
4. Wait for a few moments. Let the app download completely.
5. Once, the app is downloaded completely then move to the downloaded location.
6. Now, click on the downloaded apk file.
7. Here, click on the Install button.
8. Wait for a few moments, let the installation complete.
9. Now, open the Device ID Changer app.
10. Here, you have to follow the wizard within the app.
11. Once, you have changed the Device ID successfully, restart your Android device.
12. Now, backup your Android device.
13. Head over to the Settings.
14. Now, click on Backup and Reset and take a backup of your Android device.
15. Now, head over to the Factory Data Reset.
16. Here, click on Reset.
17. After reset is completed successfully, your device will boot up with a new device ID.
18. Congratulations! You have successfully changed the Device ID of Your Android Device using Device ID Changer app.
Here, we have discussed the complete guide about how easily and quickly you can change IMEI number of your Android device without rooting your android device. And, how rooted Android device users can change the Device ID of your device using Device ID Changer app. Comment below, if you face any problems while following and executing the above discussed guide. Don’t forget to let us know if you know about any other best method to change IMEI number of android phone without root.