Turning off your laptop keyboard is a difficult job than it seems. However, one does not turns off the laptop keyboard by accident. We’re going to show you how you can permanently disable laptop keyboard. You can also read this article if you are in search of the best wireless keyboard and mouse.
Disable Your Laptop Keyboard From Device Manager:
- Go to start menu and select Device Manager.
- Open up the Device Manager and find your way to Keyboards and hit the arrow to the left of it.
- Here you will be able to find your laptop’s keyboard. Right-click on it and hit ‘Uninstall’.
If you want to turn off the keyboard permanently, we have got you covered too.
Use USB Keyboard On A Laptop:
Connecting a USB keyboard to a laptop really is as simple as plugging it in. The drivers for the hardware will automatically install, and then you’re ready to go. The keyboard that is built into your laptop will also continue to work while the USB one is plugged in too.
Permanently Turn Off Your Laptop Keyboard:
If you want to permanently disable the keyboard on your laptop it’s going to be a little difficult. You’ll have to turn off Window’s ability to automatically install the driver again; otherwise, the keyboard will start itself all over again every time you reboot your machine.
To permanently disable laptop keyboard do the following:
- Go to start, and into the search box type ‘gpedit.msc’
- Click on the Computer Configuration file, and then head into Administrative Templates > System, Device Installation.
- Then go into Device Installation Restrictions. You’ll see a number of options on the right. Right-click on Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings and edit this option, setting it to enabled.
Now you are done with the steps, you can go back into your device manager and follow the steps said above. Now uninstall the driver of your keyboard and now when you will reboot your PC it will not install the drivers of your keyboard and your keyboard will stop functioning.
At this point, it’s a good idea to go back into gpedit.msc and revert the change so you’ll be able to install the driver again in the future should you so desire.
Following these steps will help you turn off your keyboard permanently. Let us know if the steps worked and you were able to uninstall the drivers of your keyboard.