Our honorable PM Narendra Modi, launched a UPI (United Payments Interface) based app called “BHIM App“. This app lets you allows to make transactions offline using your mobile number easily. This is an another step by PM Modi towards Digital India. You have just download BHIM App, follow few steps and all done.
All people are promoting cashless transactions in India but a lot of people aren’t aware that how to do so, and some of them might not have a good internet connection. There’s a lot of reason why people are not using digital ways to make payments, that’s why USSD Mobile banking is also introduced.
Wondering about USSD Mobile Banking?
Read article here explaning What is USSD Mobile Banking.
If you’re in a area where internet not works well, or even it’s costly to use Internet then this app is going to be a very prodigious app for you.
Let’s show you some cool features of BHIM App & also how to download BHIM App for Android & IOS.
Recommended: BHIM App Latest Version Download With All Bug Fixes
Download BHIM App for iOS & Android: Digital India Innovation
BHIM App is only available for Android users right now but coming for iOS users soon. Below are the links for to Download BHIM App.
Let’s see how this app works & how to register in this app to move ahead.
BHIM App: How to Register?
Once you have installed BHIM App from Google play store, follow below steps to register on it.
- Open BHIM App.
- Register your bank account with BHIM.
- Set up a UPI PIN for the bank account.
- All done!
- Your mobile number is your PA (payment address).
- Now, you can start transacting using BHIM App.
BHIM App: How it Works?
Once you download this for your phone and register on it, you can start doing transactions through it. If receiver (those you want to make payment) have BHIM App then simply get his BHIM registered mobile number, enter amount & all done.
If the receiver don’t have BHIM App installed in their phone then simply advice them to download BHIM App.
Apart from using mobile number, you can also use QR Code to do & receive payments through BHIM App. For that, you need to generate your QR Code via BHIM app & when a person scan that code via their smartphone & enter the amount then they will able to make payment.
If you don’t have a smartphone still you can use this app, in that case you can’t download BHIM App but simply go to your dialer and enter *99#.
After that, you have enter amount like “1” and then enter mobile number by again typing “1” & then enter the PIN which you have generated in BHIM App. This features works once you Download BHIM App & register on it. Once you’re registered this feature will work on even a 1000 rupee phone.
BHIM App: Limitations & Supported Banks list
Yes, there’s some limitations of this app, like transactions per day.
- Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
There’s also banks which are not supported in this app. Let’s aware from those which are supported.
- Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
Thanks for reading, share it now!!!