Your Amazon Fire TV Stick has gone slow? Or the TV screen has fone blank? You can factory reset Firestick to get rid of such problems that you might be facing. By following the steps below, you can learn how to reset an Amazon Fire Stick to factory conditions, so it will work just like the day you got it.
How To Factory Reset Firestick?
You can reset your Fire TV stick through the settings or by using your remote control. If your firestick TV has lost connections with your remote, you can also. Follow these steps to do so.
How To Pair Your Amazon Fire Stick Remote:
- Hold the home button for 20 seconds. The home button has a home icon on it. Do it for several times if it didn’t work in the first attempt.
- The light from on the top of the device will change from a slow blink to a rapid blink. For 2nd generation Alexa voice remotes, an amber light will rapidly blink as the remote enters discovery mode.
- For 2nd generation Alexa voice remotes, the remote light will give off three blue flashes when it is paired. For remotes without a light, check the bottom of your TV screen for a message saying that the remote is connected.
Pairing A Replacement Remote:
- Unplug the firestick from the power outlet for 10 seconds.
- After the Home Screen display, plug it back as it was.
- Press and hold the hold button for 10 seconds.
- After successful pairing, you will receive a message saying that the remote was paired successfully.
How To Factory Reset Firestick:
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV. You can find this option on top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select my Fire TV. If you are using an older version, this will be labeled as a Device or System.
- Scroll down and select the factory reset option and you will be asked the enter the pin or security password of your Fire TV stick.
- Finally, click Reset. You will then be notified that the device is resetting to factory defaults. Wait a few minutes for it to finish. Meanwhile, you will also be advised not to unplug the device during the whole process. If the power supply gets cut off while the process is ongoing, you may have to start the whole process all over again.
- After you have reset it, your device will be restarted by itself if you are doing it for the first time. Then the system storage and performance will be automatically optimized.
Are you an iPhone user? Have you lost or forgot your passcode? Here are the step by step guide of how you can recover your iPhone passcode.
Reset Firestick With Remote Control:
If you are unable to reset your device through the Settings screen, you can also do it with your remote.
- Turn on your Fire TV and Fire stick device.
- Press and hold the Back button and the Right directional button for at least 10 seconds.
- Click Reset when you see the pop-up message. Wait a few minutes for it to finish. Meanwhile, you will also be advised not to unplug the device during the whole process. If the power supply gets cut off while the process is ongoing, you may have to start the whole process all over again.
- You can also go through this guide from Amazon’s official website to know more about the Factory reset of Fire TV stick.
Related Topic: Casting To Firestick Has become easier with this step by step tutorial. Read this article to know more.
Do you want to download and use the downloader app for Firestick? Downloader apps let you watch movies, series and videos without any hassles. Read this article that will tell you more about how you can download and use the downloader app for Firestick TV.
Amazon firestick is a one-stop solution for accessing most of the streaming services via a single interface. Performing factory reset on your device means deregistering your device and it seems that your subscription is the newly purchased one. You have start afresh from pairing your remote to Amazon credentials and downloading apps.
We hope that you have successfully reset your factory settings. Sometimes the remote pairing doesn’t go smoothly. For that, first, try replacing the battery on your remote and then hold the home button for at least 30 seconds to pair it. It takes a lot of time, but you’ll pair them successfully in one or two attempts.