when it comes to finding a better TeamViewer alternative, there are a variety of options and discussions on Reddit. But before we look at the best free TeamViewer alternatives, let’s review why TeamViewer may not always be a perfect choice.
Why You Need TeamViewer?
One of the main reasons why people are looking for free TeamViewer alternatives is that because this software is not free. There are some other reasons like a limited number of proxies. That means if you are working for a customer and require a proxy server, the app wouldn’t allow you to do so. The software has a limitation with file transfer or size issues too. So if you are in a web meeting with a client and need to send a large size, you can’t rely on TeamViewer for file transfer, which can be very annoying. Unlike AnyDesk and other TeamViewer alternatives, TeamViewer’s Linux version’s performance is not up to the mark.
If you want a TeamViewer alternative that’s among the best remote desktop access software, keep reading.
Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives:
AnyDesk allows it’s users to connect to a distant computer remotely, be it the next-door buddy or halfway around the world. This TeamViewer alternative ensures reliable remote connections of desktops for both on-the-go individuals and IT professionals. AnyDesk, a TeamViewer Competitor is extremely fast but puts some restrictions for access to the network. It uses bandwidth and band-with rates effectively to achieve high-performance. You can download the software from here. Anydesk is one of the best and free TeamViewer alternatives.
- Lightweight and fast interface.
- You will get mobile app connectivity.
- Fullscreen mode is also available.
- Network customization is also available.
- Free TeamViewer alternatives.
- The copy-paste function freezes sometimes.
- Session limits.
- Shows the entire screen to the connected user.
Supported Platform: Windows, Android, Linux, FreeBSD, Raspberry Pi, iOS, and macOS.
2. LogMein The Free TeamViewer Alternatives:
LogMein, another Free TeamViewer Alternatives, that is cloud-based and functions as a powerful endpoint management tool with remote support. It provides high-quality services through a wide range of solutions like LogMeIn Pro, LogMeIn Central, and LogMeIn Rescue.
One of the best features of this app is the Multi-monitor Display, which can allow the presentation of multiple remote monitors in 1:1 size. For security-conscious organizations, password management features are a great add-on, where you can get complimentary access to LastPass so that all accounts are stored in the password vault.
- 1TB file storage for seamless storing of files and remote access.
- Allows printing of remote documents from a local printer.
- TLS 1.2 security & AES-256-bit encryption.
- Endpoint infrastructure management.
- The reporting feature needs some bug-fixing.
- File transfer speed is not optimum.
- Pricing could be better.
Supported Platform: PC, iOS, Android, and Mac OS, and more.
3. Chrome Remote Desktop:
Chrome Remote Desktop is one of the best free alternatives to TeamViewer – it’s open-source and completely free to use. The tool offers two different elements, including remote support and remote accesses. The simple and interactive interface makes it easy for non-technical users to make a connection. Furthermore, Chrome Remote Desktop supports both spontaneous access and also unattended access. It’s highly secured and compatible with multiple devices.
- Full-screen mode is available.
- It can function even when the host is not logged in.
- Blazing fast speed and Two-step set up.
- Chrome Remote doesn’t work with browsers other than Google Chrome. Hence, to use it you’ve to have Google chrome.
- Doesn’t allow drag & drop file transfer from one desktop to another.
- Cannot reboot the remote machine.
- No multi-monitor support.
Supported Platform: Web, Android, and iOS.
4. WebEx The Free TeamViewer Alternatives:
WebEx remote access server is one of the premium replacement of TeamViewer. It is often touted as the pioneer of remote desktop access. Not only does it allow real-time access to the remote screen but it also makes it easy for users to view and control the extended servers, point-of-sale systems, and improve remote support effectiveness. WebEx Remote Access users can create distributed remote access networks and keep pace with changes in regulatory issues without investing in expensive data transferring systems. It also enables users to manage company software and hardware proactively and reduce maintenance delays. WebEx, as an alternative to TeamViewer, makes it easy for users to transfer files, reconnect, and reboot as required to resolve problems.
Are you an anime lover or your children like to watch cartoons? Then this is the best article that will help you to gather all the websites from where you can watch cartoons. You can also read this article where you will get the websites of comics.
- Drag-and-drop interface for file transfers.
- Comprehensive session logs.
- Available in nine languages.
- Record, edit, and playback the remote access sessions
- Start-up time is slow.
- Occasional trouble during session set-up.
These were some of the best free alternatives to TeamViewer. Let us know if you know any other alternatives to TeamViewer.