INTRO: Ever wanted to hide apps from prying eyes? Well, we wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve got because there are a variety of reasons to cover apps. For instance, you’ve got a private app installed on your device, say a dating app, which you don’t want others to ascertain. While you’ll always lock apps on Android, people still get to ascertain the app, and as we all know, the planet is often pretty judgmental. So, if you’ve got been thinking of the way to cover applications on Android, we’ve some excellent news for you. Here are multiple ways to cover apps on Android devices.
Hide Apps on Android Devices
Of late, Android skins are shipping with a native ability to cover apps. You don’t need root or need to disable the apps to cover your crucial apps on Android. Here, we’ve mentioned the native methods wherever applicable and a generic method for all Android devices. You can go through the steps from below.
Remove Apps from App Drawer
Hide Apps on OnePlus Android Devices
- Swipe up from the house screen to open the launcher menu. Now, swipe right and a “Hidden Space” will open up. Here, press the “+” button.
- Now, select the apps that you simply want to cover on your Android device. You can also tap on the 3-dot menu and enable a password to access the hidden apps.
Hide Apps on Xiaomi Devices (Mi/Redmi/Poco)
- Open Settings and move to Apps -> App Lock.
- Next, swipe left and move to the “Hidden Apps” section located on top. Here, enable the toggle for the apps that you simply want to cover . That’s it.
Hide Apps on Realme Android Devices
- Open Settings and move to Privacy -> App Lock.
- Now set a privacy passcode if you’ve got not done that already.
- Now, tap on the app that you simply want to cover (I am hiding Photos app for this example) and enable the toggle for password verification. Once you are doing that, an option for hiding the home screen icon will reveal itself. Just enable the toggle and you’ll be done.
- Hide Apps on Samsung Devices
- Swipe up to open the App Drawer and tap on the 3-dot menu located on the top-right corner. Here, open Home screen settings.
- Move to the “Hide App” menu. Here, select the apps that you simply want to cover and tap on “Done”. You are done.
So that is how you can hide apps on Android devices. We have mentioned steps for different Android devices and also a generic method that applies to all Android devices.