INTRO: Earlier today, Apple released the public beta for watchOS 7. The beta is out there to anyone with a compatible Apple Watch to put in and check out without requiring a developer account with Apple. So, if you’re unable to attend for the stable release later this year, here is the way to install watchOS 7 Public Beta on your Apple Watch immediately .
watchOS 7 Compatibility
The following Apple Watch models are compatible with watchOS 7
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
Do note that each one feature might not be available on all models of the Apple Watch.
How to Install watchOS 7 Public Beta
Note: albeit public betas are usually more stable than developer betas, it’s not recommended to put in them on your daily driver devices. If you continue to prefer to do so, confirm you create a backup of your Apple Watch before attempting to put in software. We are showing you the method using an Apple Watch Series 5.
Note: you’ll got to update your iPhone to the newest public beta build of iOS 14 so as to put in watchOS 7’s Public Beta. Make sure you’ve got done that before proceeding with this guide. If you would like help, inspect our article on the way to install iOS 14 public beta.
- Head over to the Apple beta website from the iPhone your watch is paired with, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap on ‘watchOS‘. Scroll down, and tap on ‘enroll your Apple Watch‘.
- Now, tap on the ‘Download profile‘. Next, tap on ‘Allow‘ when the crop up asks you if you would like to download the profile.
- You will now be taken to the profile installation screen. Tap on ‘Install‘ within the top right corner and enter your passcode.
- You will be asked to restart your Apple Watch. Simply tap on ‘Restart‘.
Soon after your Apple Watch restarts, you’ll receive a notification to download and install the general public beta. If you don’t, you can check it manually as well. Just head to the Watch app, and attend ‘General -> Software Update‘.
That’s it, you’ll now download and install the watchOS 7 Public Beta on your Apple Watch.
watchOS 7 brings variety of useful new features to the Apple Watch including private MAC addresses, sleep detection, handwash detection, customisable center and more. To learn more you ought to inspect our article on hidden watchOS 7 features also .