INTRO: Without undermining the plethora of all-new features, I feel privacy is what defines iOS 14. Be it restricting apps from having access to the local network, forcing apps to invite permission to trace, and limiting third-party access to Photos, the newest iteration of iOS has put more emphasis on enhancing privacy. What’s more, you’ll even manage location data access for iPhone and iPad widgets in iOS 14 or iPadOS 14. If you’re willing to limit widgets’ access to location services on your device, this quick guide is for you.
Manage Location Data Access for iPhone and iPad Widgets in iOS 14 / iPadOS 14
Unlike before, iOS allows you to regulate location permissions for a private widget. For instance, you’ll allow an app like Map to access your location but you’ll prefer to disallow its widget to use your location data. Do note that widgets may use your location for up to fifteen minutes after being viewed.
Now that you simply skills this privacy feature works, let’s dive right in to find out the way to control location data access for widgets in iOS 14!
- Launch Settings app iPhone or iPad running iOS 14/iPadOS 14.
- Now, scroll down and select Privacy.
- Next, choose Location Services.
- Next up, select the app which offers a widget.
- Under the Allow Location Access section, you’ve got multiple options to settle on from.
- Never: Select it to prevent both the app and its widget from having access to your location.
- Ask Next Time: Force the app/widget to task for your permission the next time it wants to access your location.
- While Using the app or widgets: Let the app/widget access your location while you are using it.
- While using the app: Allow only the app, and not its widget, to access your location.
- Always: Let the app/widget access your location for 15 minutes after being viewed.
Manage Location Data Access for Widgets with Ease
There you go! So, that’s the way you’ll take hold of the situation data access for widgets in iOS 14. If you don’t want an app or widget to use your location endlessly or quite what you would like , you ought to cash in of this feature.
As we are talking about privacy, i might recommend you to see out these equally interesting posts like the way to stop an app to access your precise location and delete Siri dictation and history.