INTRO: When reading blogs and news articles or traversing the web for locating cool websites, often we discover the necessity to locate a specific word or phrase on the webpage. But there are no obvious thanks to doing that, and hence, people spend an excessive amount of your time manually scrolling the webpage and search for the phrase. What if
The funny thing is that this feature has existed on iPhones for an extended time, and still, many users are oblivious of its existence. Well, if you furthermore may don’t skills to perform text search (CMD+F function on Mac), here is the way to roll in the hay on your iPhone and iPad.
Perform Text Search on Webpages on iPhone and iPad
There are two methods that you simply can use to perform text searches on websites on the iPhone and iPad. And this is not a new feature. It has existed since iOS 9. So whether you’re using older iOS versions or the newest iOS 14, here is the way to roll in the hay .
Perform Text Search on Webpage Using Share Menu
For the primary method, we are getting to use the Share menu on the iPhone.
1. In Safari, open the webpage and tap on the “Share” button. If you can’t find it, scroll up to reveal it (the bottom menu hides as you scroll down on a webpage)
2. Here, tap on “Find on Page” and sort your query.
3. Now, it’ll search and show you the amount of times the word or the phrase occurs thereon webpage. You can use the up and down arrow to seek out the previous and next instances of your query. You can also tap inside the box to vary the query. Tap on “Done” once you find what you’re trying to find .
Perform Text Search on Webpage Using Address Bar
This method is also as easy as the previous one and works the same way. So, you only need to remember one of them.
1. After you open the webpage in Safari, tap on the URL address bar at the highest
2. Start typing your query, and it’ll show you an choice to find that question under the “On This Page” section. Tap on it.
3. Again, use the arrows to leap between the previous and next occurrence of the query. You can also tap inside the box to vary the query.
Search for Text on Websites on iPhone and iPad
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to search for text on the iPhone and iPad. You don’t even got to remember a keyboard shortcut such as you do on Mac. Just tap on the share button or the URL bar and sort in your query.
Still, if you had any problem in following the tutorial, ask your questions below, and I will help you out. If you liked this text , don’t forget to read our iPhone shortcuts article to find out 30 tips and tricks a bit like this one.