INTRO: Earlier in July, Microsoft promised to bring Cortana to groups on iOS and Android and now, with the newest update to groups on iOS, the corporate has added Cortana into the combination . With Cortana, users can easily make calls and issue voice commands to send messages & join meetings.
“Cortana uses AI and therefore the Microsoft Graph to supply voice assistance in Teams. to remain connected to your team even once you have your hands full, you’ll ask Cortana to form a call, join a gathering , send chat messages, share files, and more. These voice assistance experiences are delivered using Cortana enterprise-grade services that meet Microsoft 365 privacy, security, and compliance commitments,” says Microsoft.
According to Microsoft, Cortana are going to be available for Microsoft 365 Enterprise users within the U.S. in English. Going by the changelog on Apple’s App Store, Microsoft Teams version 2.0.21 brings Cortana support. Below is that the official changelog for the update:
- Cortana in Teams helps you send messages, make calls, and join meetings together with your voice
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
The company has also added a couple of new features on Android. Notably, there’s an choice to reduce the info used while you’re in video calls. this may be convenient if you’re in a neighborhood with limited connectivity otherwise you have a metered internet connection. The update also brings a daily agenda view that shows upcoming meetings. the whole changes are listed below:
- New setting to scale back the quantity of knowledge Teams uses while video is on
- Use Teams to call people in your device’s contacts app
- Choose which number to dial for org contacts with quite one telephone number
- Single sign-on access for bots and tools in Teams that use your org credentials
- Daily agenda view of upcoming meetings. Join, edit, or share them with contacts
Microsoft Teams is out there to download on both Play Store and therefore the App Store. If you’re already a Teams user, you’ll simply update the app to start out using the new features.