Android screen mirroring isn’t as popular as other Android topics like rooting or customization. It is probably because not many people are aware of it or they just don’t want to deal with the hassle. Now, there are hundreds of screen mirroring apps using which you can mirror Android to PC.
What Is Screen Mirroring Or Screen Cast?
Screen Mirroring is a way through which you can remotely share/mirror one device screen to another, such as mirroring Android Screen on your PC or vice-versa. In this article, we’ll be talking about screen mirroring on Android.
A phone screen on a PC can help you in many ways. For instance, it removes that extra step of grabbing the smartphone for every new notification; If you are a developer, you can check app performance on the Android phone mockup; sharing media files to PC also becomes very easy.
Prerequisites Of Screen Mirroring
For screen mirroring apps to work Mirror Android To PC, it is necessary that you turn on USB debugging which is located in the Android developer options.
- To enable Developer Options on your Android Device
- Head over to your Android Settings ⇒ System ⇒ About Phone
- Scroll down and tap Build Number five times
- Go back to System settings
- You will now see Developer Options
- Head over to Android Settings ⇒ System ⇒ Developer Options
- Scroll down and toggle USB debugging
Keep in mind that Android screen mirroring apps need a strong internet connection if you’re going for the wireless option. Also, both platforms should share a single Wi-Fi to cast Android wirelessly. That being said, users can also view their phone screen on PC via a USB cable.
How To Mirror Android To PC — 6 Best Apps
- AirDroid (Wireless)
- Screen Stream Mirroring by MobZapp (Wireless)
Vysor Mirror Android To PC
The quickest method to mirror the Android screen on your PC is through Vysor. The app is ridiculously easy to set-up. You can use apps, play games, take screenshots i.e essentially, everything that you can do on an Android device.
The only drawback with Vysor is that most of its necessary features come with a price. From high-resolution Android screen mirroring to sharing Android screen wirelessly, everything starts with a subscription. In fact, a simple drag and drop is locked in the free version.
On the bright side, Vysor Android screen mirroring is fast and extremely easy to set up. Moreover, users can click and share screenshots and recordings.
- Download the Vysor mirroring software for Windows/mac/Linux
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable
- Allow USB debugging prompt on your Android
- Open Vysor Installer File on your PC
- The software will prompt a notification saying a “Vysor has detected a device”
- Now, tap on view to start casting your device on your PC screen.
ApowerMirror Mirror Android To PC
ApowerMirror is another brilliant application that lets your mirror Android to PC and vice-versa. In other words, not only you can control Android using mouse and keyboard, but ApowerMirror also enables users to control PC with their Android. Cast Mirror Android To PC.
Upon subscribing to the ApowerMirror VIP account, you can mirror three Android devices at the same time. The paid membership also allows you to scribble and draw on the screen.
How To Mirror Android Screen To PC Without Internet [ApowerMirror]
- Download and Install ApowerMirror on your Windows/mac
- Enable USB Debugging in developer options
- Connect the device to PC via USB ( Allow USB debugging prompt on your Android)
- Open the app and tap “START NOW” on the permission to capture screen
How To Mirror Android Screen Wirelessly [ApowerMirror]
- Remove the USB cable
- Run the mirror app on the Android device
- Tap on the M button at the bottom of the app
- Select your Computer Name in the listing (Make sure PC version is up and running)
- Choose “Phone Screen Mirroring” (Go for other option if you want to mirror computer window on your device)
- Tap on “Start Now”
Scrcpy is a free open-source alternative to all the best screen mirroring software that requires users to shell out loads of money.
The best part is you don’t have to install any application here, but only Android ADB tools. Scrcpy supports both, USB and Wireless Android screen mirroring and supports Windows, macOS and Linux. Due to Scrcpy’s low size, the tool offers an extremely low latency rate, therefore, making it the fastest screen mirroring app Mirror Android To PC.
However, the biggest problem with Scrcpy is that it is a little difficult to set up, particularly for users who have no technical knowledge of Terminal, ADB tools, Command-Line, etc.
How to mirror Android screen using Scrcpy (macOS)?
- Open Terminal
- Enter the Homebrew command and press enter
- Now, enter the command “brew cask install android-platform-tools” if you haven’t installed Android ADB tools on your macOS
- To install Scrcpy, enter the command “brew install scrcpy” and wait for the installation to complete.
- Now, plug in your Android device using the USB cable and enter the command “scrcpy” in the Terminal
All of these apps work fine if you want to integrate your device functionality into the PC. Download any of them and you will be able to cast your Android to PC.