Here, in this post we will know about some best tools, with help of you can convert your video’s format from MP4 to MOV. We would also discuss the pros and cons of each tool that we are going to discuss here. But before discussing the tools we must know about the formats. So let’s discuss a little bit about the formats.
MPEG4 or MP4 stands for Motion Picture Expert Group. It is the most commonly used format to store video and audio. It is also used to store other files such as subtitles and still images. The extension is .mp4.
MOV is also a format to store video and multimedia files. It is also known as a quick time file format. It is developed by Apple to use with the Apple QuickTime player. So now it’s time to discuss the best tools to convert MP4 to MOV format in detail.
YouConvertIt is an online tool to convert MP4 format to MOV format. It converts everything files such as audio, photos, videos, and document. It is the best place for file conversion because here we can convert anything. There is no need to use a different tool for every conversion.
It was released in May 2008 by Unitemenets. YouConvertit is always trying to add a new file format to its software. It has an option to contact them to add a new format. The most common formats it supports are MP3, MP4, DOC, XLS, MOV, JPEG, JPG, AAC, WMA, WMV, etc.
- It is very Fast.
- Software installation is not required
- All formats are supported
- It does not support any function fully.
- It asks for your email address to get a converted file.
This tool allows users to convert any video to MOV format. Because MOV is the basic format required to play a video in Apple QuickTime. It has the capacity to convert files to AVI, MP4, WMV, etc., to MOV. To convert a file, the user needs to enter the file URL in the box present on the homepage, or there is an option available to upload the file directly, then you have to click on the Convert File button to convert it. There is also the option to change the conversion settings as per your requirement. It supports 3GP, FLV, MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
- It is effortless to use.
- It has an option of cloud storage like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- It takes a lot of time and data for conversion.
- It is not especially for video conversion as it converts other files too.
This tool is straightforward to use. It has a direct option to convert MP4 videos to MOV. The process is like you have to upload the MP4 video you want to convert, and then select MOV as the format for output and then click on the conversion button. It is also handy in converting other formats such as 3GP, AVI, GIF, WMV, etc.
- Easy to use.
- Link of converted will be sent directly to one’s email.
- It does not have an option to add the URL of the video to be converted, and the video has to be uploaded.
- It supports very few file formats.
ClipConverter is a free online MP4 to MOV converter that converts MP4format to MOV format. It also has an option to record and convert other formats also. One most important feature is it can convert videos on YouTube and Vimeo. We have to input the URL. It supports formats like MP4, 3GP, MOV, MP3, AVI, MKV, etc.
- It can convert videos using URLs.
- The conversion process is straightforward.
- The supported formats are limited.
- The conversion rate is slow.
Zamar is one of the most popular and also excellent software to convert videos to any format. It is also an excellent tool to convert MP4 format to MOV formats. Zamzar is available free, and it has an option to convert more than one video together. It does not have an option to download the video directly, so the video link is directly sent to the user’s email.
- It is convenient.
- It has the option of conversion through URL.
- The rate of conversion is very slow.
- No option to directly download the converted file.
Apowersoft is a tool that converts audio as well as video. It has a straightforward user-interface that makes it very handy to use, and it has many editing features like GIF out of a video. Software also has an option to add subtitles to MP4 video, etc. It can convert any video to any video or audio format you want, and the converted file is supported in almost every device. It supports formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP, etc.
- Option to customize the video.
- The conversion rate is fast.
- It converts just video and audio files.
- It supports major formats only.
It allows users to convert any videos online. There is no need to upload the videos. This feature makes it a great software. This is almost a unique feature in comparison to other apps. It supports formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, DIVX, etc. The supported output formats are MP4, WebM, MOV, WMV, etc.
- Option to compress video during conversion.
- Video customization option available.
- It allows only five videos per month in the free version.
- Formats supported are very limited.
Dan is a very easy tool to convert MP4 format to MOV format. It has an option to convert audio and video files separately. It has a huge list of supported formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, Ogg, WMV, MOV, MP3, etc. The software also has an option to choose the quality of the file which you want to convert. The available quality options are low quality, moderate quality, high quality, or very high quality.
- We can choose the quality of the converted video
- It is really easy to use.
- We can not convert the video using a URL.
- The number of supported formats is small.
It is the most advanced tool used in file conversion. It has the option of conversion of audio as well as video files. Video converter supports almost every format, like MP4, MOV, FLV, 3GP, AVI, MKV, WMV, UHD 4K, 3D, and UHD 2K. The list of supported audio formats is also very long, which includes MP3, WAV, FLAC, OGG, and AIFF.
- It has an option to download videos directly from YouTube.
- We can also compress the file.
- It only supports major formats.
- It does not convert videos quickly.
Cellsea has an option to convert MP4 format to MOV format online. It is very easy to use and can convert videos using the URL of the popular video of Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo. Cellsea also allows conversion by uploading local videos present on the device. It converts video to formats like MOV, 3GP, MP4. There is an option to edit videos as per your requirement.
- It can convert the file through file upload and URL.
- It also has an option to customize the video.
- You cannot upload files with a size bigger than 25MB.
- Its supports limited output formats are.
Wondershare has 1000+ option video and audio formats. It is very easy to convert MP4 to MOV with this converter. It also has an option to edit video, compress video, and many others also.
Guide to convert the MP4 format to MOV format.
STEP1: Download, in, and launch WondershareUniConverter software on your device.
STEP2: Then add the MP4 you want to convert by simply dragging-and-dropping or by clicking on the option. You can also add multiple MP4 files.
STEP3: Select MOV from the output section by clicking the drop-down list beside the Output Format: option, then choose Video > MOV; also the video resolution.
STEP4: Click on the Start All button to initiate the MP4 to MOV conversion process. It will take seconds to convert the MOV files. To find the final MOV files, you need to click on the file location icon present at the bottom of the screen.
In the above section, we have tried to discuss every piece of information regarding it. Hop on to it, and we are sure our assistance would help you. In case of any query, let us know about your query in the comment section.