INTRO: OnePlus released the primary open beta of OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series earlier this month when Google released Android 11 for Pixel phones. The company is now following up with the second open beta build for the OnePlus 8 and therefore the 8 Pro.
The update is especially focused on fixing bugs present within the previous open beta build. The OxygenOS 11 development team has managed to repair issues with non-responsive widgets, Google Assistant wakeup, and therefore the alignment of the HD icon within the call log interface.
However, the second open beta build comes with a replacement Ambient Display feature dubbed ‘Canvas’. Canvas converts your lock screen wallpaper to a delineation . You can enable the feature from Settings -> Customization -> Wallpaper -> Canvas -> Choose photo preview.
Among other changes, the new update also fixes the problems with the Timer that caused the numbers to disappear. Take a look at the entire list of changes below:
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets didn’t respond
- Optimized some UI display in Settings
- Fixed the failure to awaken Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the difficulty that the HD icon on the decision log interface wasn’t centered
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Fixed the difficulty that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances
- Newly added Canvas feature which will automatically draw a wireframe picture supported a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without awakening the screen
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G
- We could expect OnePlus to release the stable version of OxygenOS 11 to the OnePlus 8 series soon after the corporate launches the OnePlus 8T 5G on October 14.