Missing important messages could be annoying if you know it is going to be a tough task to recover them. But, not anymore with advanced data recovery tools. If you have recently lost some important chats with your friends on Facebook and you wonder how to recover them, then this article is meant for you. In this article we will be talking about Recover Deleted Messages .
Here, we have discussed ways to find & recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger on Android. It includes a few built-in features and quick solutions that allow you to instantly find all lost messages on your Android device and recover them.
In addition to that, we have also discussed how best data recovery software could be helpful to recover these deleted messages. So, without further ado, let’s discuss some of these effective tips & tricks to help you retrieve your important messages on Facebook Messenger on Android.
Wrongly deleted Facebook messages on your Android device? Want to recover deleted Facebook messages? Here are two simple methods that tell you how to recover deleted Facebook messages easily!
As we all know, Facebook Messenger is one of the most important applications on your Android to stay connected with your close ones. Sometimes it is an important app in a work environment and can even have important work messages. Many of us prefer to communicate through Facebook as it enables faster communication and ensures easier connectivity.
The messages could turn out to be crucial. Hence, losing messages from your Facebook Messenger could be frustrating. Not only you will lose memorable messages with your loved one but also important work details. With a little bit of work, it is possible to recover deleted Facebook messages on your Android phone after you have backed up the message. Yes, it doesn’t matter if you have deleted Facebook messages from the Messenger app, you can still have access to those lost messages.
Can we recover deleted Facebook messages from an Android device?
Recover deleted Facebook messages
Facebook Messenger follows the principle called, off the internet. Off the internet, means there is another copy of the same messages in your phone memory. Hence, messages you thought were gone, are still there on your phone. So it is feasible to recover deleted Facebook messages within several simple steps easily.
Here is how you can recover your deleted Facebook Messages:
- Download any file explorer for Android. This app will help you explore the folders on your SD card. I suggest using ES explorer, it is one of the best.
- Open the ES File Explorer App. First, go to the storage/SD card. There you will find the Android folder, which holds all the data related applications.
- Under Data you will find the folders related to all applications. You will find a “com.facebook.orca” folder, which belongs to Facebook Messenger. Just tap on that.
- Now tap on the Cache folder, under which you will find the “fb_temp”. It has all the backup files related which are saved automatically by the Facebook messenger. This makes sure that we can recover Facebook messages on our phones.
- Another way to find the same files is by accessing your phone memory from the computer. Just connect your phone to your computer using USB. Follow the same procedure and access the fb_temp folder.
How to recover Facebook messages?
Archiving the Facebook messages
Archiving messages is a good way to secure your message from future mishaps. Archiving messages is easy and requires only minor effort on your part. You use this method on either Facebook website, Facebook, or Facebook Messenger, which all gives little control over your messages.
- Go to the Messenger and open up your recent conversation list. Besides, scroll to the contact, which you want to archive and perform long press. The following windows pop up.
- Archiving the entire message
- Now, just select the archive and it will be moved to archive that can be unarchived later when you need it.
Recover deleted Facebook messages from a downloaded archive
Recovering deleted Facebook Messages
Once you have archived the message they are safe for life and you do not have to worry about them. In the future, if you decide to view the archived message it is also easy and simple.
- If you’d like to recover deleted Facebook messages, firstly, you should log-in to the Facebook account.
- Click on “Account Settings” shown in the below picture. And click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can see a page where you download what you have done before in your Facebook account. Click “Start My Archive”shown in the below screenshot.
- Then it will pop up a box named “Request My Download”, which tells you that it will a little while to gather your Facebook information. Click the green button “Start My Archive” again to start gathering all of your Facebook information.
- After that, here will show a small dialog box. And there is a download link at the bottom of the dialog box. Click on the link to download your archive. This may costs you about 2-3 hours if you want to recover Facebook messages.
- Enter the password again before you download your archive.
- Click on the “Download Archive” button and it will immediately download to your computer. Just unzip it, and then open the file named “index”. Click on the file “Messages” and it will load all of your past messages.
What Does Facebook Say?
Unfortunately, there is no officially recommended method to restore Facebook chats or messages that have been deleted. When a message or chat is removed, they are removed from your account for good.
To confirm this point of view, here is a screenshot of a Facebook Help Center page the answer to this question.
Yes, it is easy to recover deleted Facebook messages, and you do not have to worry about mistakenly deleting the Facebook messages. However, you would be responsible for the kind of action you take for your messages. Archiving and un-archiving need to be done carefully. You must be aware of the messages you are archiving, as they will be gone from the list. To un-archive them, you will have to take a few extra steps to get back them. Though deleted, you should not worry as messages are completely recoverable but make sure you do not delete the cache files from your phone. Once the cache files are gone, the only way you can see your conversation is by downloading the archive from the website.
Watch Youtube Video on How to Recover Facebook Messages on Android
This could be another step you can follow if you are unable to recover messages for your Facebook messenger account.