Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the best zoom alternatives. This shall help everyone who is in a way dependent upon this video conferencing to communicate with other beings.
This phase of time has changed the entire dimension of living. Nobody would have ever imagined this in their wildest dreams that something like this would happen. This Pandemic has caged every human being into their respective houses. But, as we all know, the show must go on.
We can’t stop the economic activities and a big thanks to technological advancement. Because of these advancements in technology, only there are no such activities that we can’t do by sitting at home, which is related to productivity like education, or the discussion related to business.
All these activities are primarily possible because of the availability of various video conferencing apps. Zoom is one such name that garnered immense popularity during this global outbreak. However, it has some restrictions too. Therefore, it is the need of the hour to discuss some of the best zoom alternatives.
Top 6 Best Zoom Alternatives:
- Google Meet
- Zoho Meeting
- Go To Meeting
- Microsoft Teams
So, now that we know which are some of the best zoom alternatives. It is time to discuss each one of them in a bit of detail. What are we waiting for! Let’s begin:
The first name in the list is Skype. With no shadow of a doubt, we can accept the fact that it is one of the best alternatives for zoom and one of the best software for video conferencing. It holds a perfect name in the market, and it is on the priority list of many people present out there. It has got some fantastic features, and some of them are described below:
Features of Skype :
- Meet now feature is a new feature which is added to this software and it challenges zoom on many fronts.
- Skype can hold meetings for up to 50 users.
- Users do not need to login to be an active participant of the video conferencing; all they do need to do is just enter through a link.
- It can be used on all types of the operating system that is Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
- Skype also has a text chat window which is great, and it is proving to be very helpful.
Price: you would be happy to know that Skype is free to use. All you need to do to use its facility is just to download the software, and you are good to go.
Moving into the next one, the next name in the list is of Google Meet. With no shadow of a doubt, it can prove out to be one of the best alternatives for zoom. Google meet is developed and maintained under Google, so there is no doubt regarding its quality and privacy issues. Previously, it was available only to G-suite customers. But during this pandemic situation, it is possible for ordinary people too for their use. It also has some fantastic features, let’s have a look at some of them.
Features of Google Meet:
- The best thing about google meet is that you can hold a video conferencing meeting with up to 250 people which is just amazing. Isn’t it?
- With the help of Google meets, you can also save and record the meetings.
- Google meet also allows you to hold various sorts of presentations.
- The entire conference can be saved into your google drive that can prove out to be very helpful for future use.
- Just like skype, you do not need to login to be a participant of video conferencing all you need to have is a link. With the help of the relationship, you can be a part of the conference.
- It has also added various features which are similar to zoom like a grid view.
- Now the meat is linked with your mail, so now you can just start your conference from the left column.
Price: Again, you would be pleased to know the fact that google meet is also free to use. Similar to skype, to avail google meet facility you need to download the google meet app and then just log in into it.
Next up on the list is Discord. This is another good alternative for zoom. Though this is the name that is not heard by many but because of this you can not underestimate its quality and the fantastic features that it provides, it is a standard mode of video conferencing for gamers. Any group of people can use it. Let’s dive into the fantastic features of this app.
Features of Discord:
- It can be used for seamless video conferencing service for an unlimited amount of time.
- Discord can be used by anyone who wants to avail the facility of encrypted chat.
- It also provides the facility of texting and video calls separately to every individual present out there.
- The best part is it can hold separate and develop dedicated servers, which can be originated into rooms which are just great.
- It can host video and also messaging facilities.
- It has recently added new features, which is named as Go live with the help of which you can conduct video calls which can hold people ranging from 10 to 50.
- This app is available on most of the operating systems such as Android, Mac and iOS.
Price: There is again happy news for you because Discord is also free to use. Yes, you need to get it downloaded from the play store to avail its services.
Next up, we have a Zoho meeting. It is another excellent app which can give fierce competition to zoom. It is an open-source video conferencing service. The best part is it allows you to hold the end to end encrypted video calls. It is exciting to see the fantastic features provided by it:
Highlights of Zoho Meeting:
- It allows period to end encrypted video calls
- It provides tight security
- You can hold a video conference consisting of up to 100 people in Zoho.
- It offers an array of meeting tools which is excellent and just fabulous.
- Again, you can be a part of any conference conducted through Zoho just through a link.
- It also provides a handy chart which is proving out to be very helpful.
- You can easily pull spreadsheets and presentations with the help of this app.
Price – Zoho does not provide its facility for free. You need to pay $8 every month to avail of its facilities. In simple words, it is not free.
The next name in the list is of Go To Meeting. It is yet another great alternative. This particular AppApp can prove out to be one of the best competitors for zoom. It is because of the fantastic features that it provides. Let’s have a look at some of these:
Features of Go To Meeting:
- It can hold a meeting for p to 150 participants, which is quite a significant number
- Talking about enterprise plans, then it allows 3,000 to continue with the conference.
- It offers a wide variety of standard tools.
- You can also record meetings, hold presentations and also save whatever you want to do.
- It can be used in any OS like Android, iOS and Mac.
Price: Go To Meeting is also not available for free. You need to pay a sum of $12 per month to avail its facility.
Last but not least, next up, we have Microsoft Teams. It is prevalent and can prove out to be one of the best alternatives for Zoom. Let’ have a look at some of its amazing features:
Features of Microsoft Teams:
- It does not provide many standard tools but is enough to hold a sensible conference.
- Microsoft Teams can host videos consisting of up to 250 people.
- It offers two different plans one is yearly, and the other one is monthly.
- Microsoft Teams is working on some changings too.
- It provides a range of array tools
Price: it is not for free. You need to pay a sum of $5 per user per month to avail its facility.
Final Words About Best Zoom Alternatives:
So, these were some of the best Zoom Alternatives. If there is any name that is meeting from the list, then you must let us know in the comment section given below. This would help us in making this piece of writing more productive as well as other people would get to know more. This shall also result in the saving of time.
Nonetheless, Above mentioned best Zoom Alternatives apps are some of the best out of the best. We have tried our best to get you familiar with their outstanding features as well as the mode of usage. Not just this, we have also made it a point to clarify the price issue, which was very important.