All these resources are available online and will help you learn and excel at Unreal Engine, UE4 and C++. Have a look at our Best Game Development Courses. This were some of the UE4 Tutorials
1. Unreal Engine C++ Developer Course – Learn C++ & Make Video Games (Udemy)
Ben Tristem, Sam Pattuzzi, two renowned experts in the domain of game development bring you this highly recommended course that has been taken up by more than 100,000 students so far! You will need a 64-bit PC that can ideally run Unreal 4 or a Mac capable of running Unreal 4 (must support Metal) and about 15GB of free disc space. You will get to learn C++ from scratch, in addition to understanding how to build your first video game in Unreal engine. According to our opinion, it is the best unreal engine tutorial.
Key USPs of the course –
– Gain an excellent knowledge of modern game development with Unreal Engine.
– Learn how object-oriented programming works in practice.
– Build your first Unreal C++ Game.
2. UE4 Tutorials: The Complete Beginner’s Course (Udemy)
This training by David Nixon teaches you video game development & how to build your game from scratch using UE4. One of the important things about the program is that it helps you script logic to define gameplay without really needing to know how to code. David himself holds a degree in Computer Science from Florida Atlantic University and is a professional software developer. Over the years, he has developed multiple games for different clients.
Key USPs –
– A quick course of 10 hours for those short on time
– Learn to build realistic environments for games
– Define custom inputs and movements to control characters
– Teaches you about additional topics like Importing 3D objects, packaging your game and more
3. Unreal Engine 4 Mastery: Create Multiplayer Games with C++ (Udemy)
Tom Looman is a well-recognized name in the domain of game development. He comes with a background of working at Epic Games. A master trainer, he has created over 70 tutorials for the Unreal Engine community over the years! In this Epic Games approved course, he will teach you to unleash the power of C++ and Blueprint to create Multiplayer Games with Artificial Intelligence. You will specifically learn how to use Unreal Engine 4.
Key USPs –
– An Epic Games approved course (Creators of Unreal Engine)
– Trainer’s experience of working on UE since day 1 of development
– Learn to create a stealth game and a coop game
– Understand how to do game networking
4. UE4 Tutorials: How to Develop Your First Two Games (Udemy)
Christopher Murphy is the founder of Pub Games and has worked across PC, Vive, Oculus, PS4, iOS and Android over the years. With over 10 years of solid experience in Unreal Engine, he also holds a degree in Computer Science as well as Multimedia, all of which helps him up his game development game. With his extensive experience, he has come up with a comprehensive yet sleek 15 hour online course on Unreal Engine.
Key USPs of the training –
– Develop a game of Pinball and Survival
– Get to know the editor basics
– Work on the latest version, Unreal Engine 4
– High student rating of 4.6 out of 5
5. Complete Blender Creator: Learn 3D Modelling for Beginners (Udemy)
This is one of the most sought after, highly ranked Blender course available online. Created by Michael Bridges in association with GameDev.tv (by Ben Tristem), this training program will teach you to use Blender for creating 3D models for video games in addition to 3D printing, house design and other aspects. You can even join this course as an absolute beginner without any prior knowledge of the subject. The tutors have put together taught more than 600,000 students online around various aspects of design and development. Let us find out what more they have in store for you in this course.
Key USPs –
– Very comprehensive, detailed course spanning 51.5 hours. Comes with 18 supplemental resources and an optional access to community of learners.
– More than 100,000 students have signed up for this course along, making it one of the most popular Blender Tutorials online
– You will learn a tonne of stuff, including understanding the principles of modelling, creating 3D models with simple colors, learning the basics of animation, playing with particle effects
– You will also demystify how to create your own materials, unwrap your models and export your models to external packages
– The content is practical in nature, project-based, so you get to apply what you learn to real-time projects
6. UE4 Tutorials: Realtime Motion Graphics (LinkedIn Learning)
This program provides a quick start guide to real-time motion graphics in Unreal Engine 4 for the mograph designers. With guidance from instructor Scott Pagano learn how to prep and import both static and animated geometry and animate objects and cameras with the Matinee Editor. Use the different lighting and shading tools available to add the after-effects. Following the initial lectures, three real-world projects are used to demonstrate the power of the workflow. Once you have a strong grasp of these fundamentals, you will be ready to dive into more intricate topics such as virtual reality, gaming, and interactive content. Don’t forget to check our compilation of Best Blender 3D Courses.
– This intermediate-level course is suitable for learners with some prior fundamental concepts of Unreal Engine.
– Clear instructions are provided to install the software required to follow the lectures, implement the practical examples and work on projects.
– The first few lectures provide an explanation of the things to remember for the duration of the program and how to get started with the exercises.
The ‘view offline’ option gives you a choice to access the course content without internet.
– The training is divided into 4 sections along with chapter quizzes and the study content is available free of cost.
– The viewers of this training include software developers, creative designers and more.
7. Unreal Multiplayer Mastery – Online Game Development In C++ (Udemy)
This special tutorial comes from GameDev tv, which was created by best-selling Udemy instructor Ben Tristem to help professionals learn how to design and sell indie games. They together create quality courses that are highly engaging and entertaining for students.
Key USPs –
– Learn about how to create multiplayer games and stream them
– Suitable for beginner to intermediate level Unreal developers
– After signing up, you are also entitled to be a part of a free community site where you can share games and 3D models and connect with other learners
8. Beginning C++ Programming Course – Beginner to Beyond (Udemy) UE4 Tutorials
Created by Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy and Frank J. Mitropoulos, experienced computer scientist and educator; this C++ course is a strong contender among the best C++ courses online. Since the language has been around for so many years so it is needless to say that it has gone through many changes. This certification covers the most recent version of the concepts of C++, which enables you to stay updated with the most recent developments in the syntax and terms.
Key USPs –
– Great course to get started with C++ without any prior experience.
– Learn C++ features from basic to advanced.
– Lots of programming exercises to sharpen programming skills.
– Live code examples make the lessons interactive and fun.
– Comes with 267 Lectures + Full lifetime access + 3 Articles + 5 Supplement Resources.
– Available at an affordable price on e-learning platform Udemy.
These were some of the most useful UE4 tutorials and courses. Let us know in the comments which course you are planning to enroll.