USSD Mobile Banking, *99# Banking Service, What is *99# Banking? Have you heard about USSD Based Mobile Banking? May some of you are already aware with this term & some aren’t. So, for those people who want to know and use USSD Mobile Banking we are sharing an excellent guide.
As the Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes are banned, PM Modi also suggested us to go cashless & be digital. Being digital is very easy for this generation guys but also somehow difficult for older generation. Most people are right now using Netbanking & most of us are still not aware of that. Nothing bad in this, only bad thing is that we even don’t want to try these things. We limit ourselves in a fixed cycle. Don’t taking your most time, let me introduce USSD mobile banking.
What Is USSD Mobile Banking or *99# Banking ?
USSD Mobile Banking is a service in which users will get access to few features without Internet connection. USSD mobile banking service is provided by NPCI (National Payment Cooperation of India).
Those features include,
- Check Account Balance
- Send Money
- Get Mini Statement
USSD based mobile banking service works on almost all GSM handsets. Benefits if *99# banking are features are,
- Ease of access
- Works on almost all handsets
- No Internet connection or Data Plan is required
- More secure than SMS
- Work while on the move
- Free Of Cost
Start using this service now, as it is very easy & quick to use. Now, you must contemplating that how to get started with USSD based mobile banking. Follow below steps.
One second, one thing I missed to say that these services are available in 11 languages, below are language specific USSD Codes.
- *99*22# – Hindi
- *99*23# – Tamil
- *99*24# – Telgu
- *99*25# – Malayalam
- *99*26# – Kannada
- *99*27# – Gujarati
- *99*28# – Marathi
- *99*29# – Bengali
- *99*30# – Punjabi
- *99*31# – Assamese
- *99*32# – Oriya
USSD Mobile Banking: How to Get Started
Basic requirement: You must have a mobile number linked with your bank account.USSD Mobile Banking: How to Get Started
- kindly register for Mobile Banking either online through Net Banking/ ATM or submit the Channel Registration Form at the nearest Branch.
- Dial *99# from your dial pad.
- You will get a pop up like below:
- Now, enter 3 letters of your bank short name. For e.g, SBI (State Bank of India, BOI (Bank of India) OR Enter 4 letters of Bank IFSC code. For e.g, SBIN OR 2 Digit Bank Numeric code. For e.g, 49.
- After entering any of these 3, you will get pop up like below;
- Select one of them which you want to use & enjoy USSD based mobile banking.
Get started with USSD based mobile banking today and be a part of digital India.